Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I need to know a safe drug for my 8 year old daughter for anxiety?

I know all medications have their problems and side effects. My daughter has been on Focalin for 4 months and now I am being pressured by her school that she no longer is ADHD, but has Anxiety and her doctor that is associated with the school wants her to go on Abilify. I have seen SOME really major bad things online about that drug. It for one has not been tested much on children. When I expressed my concerns they just keep telling me to go and call the doctor and get her started on Abilify ASAP! They do not care. I told them I read some BAD stuff about the drug and the school told me to not look ANYTHING up online, because the people online will just say bad things about the drug. I have to disagree.. since these people making up reports have USED it and know the effects. ALSO, the drugs website has many of the bad things listed and not to use it if diabetes runs in the family..again I expressed this and was told, that she would be tested every now and again and I need to get the medicine done today and call my Dr. ASAP! I can not in GOOD faith put her on this. So, I suppose IF she must be on a drug for anxiety.. I need to know one that has the least amount of side effects. Please only respond if you know the answers or have had dealings with children on Abilify. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment